Virtual Information Security Officer - vISO
In today’s constantly evolving cyber threat landscape, employing the services of an Information Security Officer is critical to ensuring your security policies, practices, and posture remain in-step with the very quickly changing world of digital threats.
Unfortunately few companies can afford a full-time Security Specialist. That’s where our virtual Information Security Officer (vISO) can help. You will receive a full spectrum of services but delivered on a cadence and budget that you can afford.
Our vISO helps ensure your organization is following cybersecurity best practices. Activities are performed monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, and annually. The service is designed around the Center for Internet Security (CIS) framework and performed by a certified Security Analyst.
We provide best-in-class security assessments performed by a certified Security Analyst. Our assessments also align with the Center for Internet Security (CIS) framework.
Organizations around the world rely on the CIS Controls security best practices to improve their cyber defenses. The CIS Control Framework is highly regarded and recommended for a variety of reasons including…
- Expert input: The CIS Controls were created and continue to be monitored by some of the world’s leading cybersecurity experts from government, law enforcement, and private security firms.
- Responsive: The Controls are continually updated based on the changing threat landscape.
- User-friendly: CIS Controls are concise and easy to understand and implement.
- Budget-friendly: The goal of the controls is to allow organizations to create an effective cybersecurity program on a budget and to implement security best practices, regardless of resources.
CIS Cyber Hygiene Assessment
An excellent first step to combating cyber threats is to implement the first six CIS controls known as the Basic Controls. These controls are fundamental to every cybersecurity blueprint and are listed below.
- Inventory and Control of Hardware Assets
- Inventory and Control of Software Assets
- Continuous Vulnerability Management
- Controlled Use of Administrative Privileges
- Configuration for Hardware and Software on Mobile Devices, Laptops and Servers
- Maintenance, Monitoring and Analysis of Audit Logs
Microsoft 365 Security Assessment
We can perform a security assessment specific to your Microsoft 365 environment. The Security Configuration Benchmark for Microsoft 365 provides prescriptive guidance for establishing a secure configuration posture for Microsoft/Office 365 running on any OS and includes Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business, Teams, Azure Active Directory, and inTune. Assessments are tailored to the type of Microsoft licensing you currently subscribe to.
CIS Controls Security Assessment
CIS Controls are prioritized, well-vetted, and supported security actions that organizations can take to assess and improve their current security state. However, it is not a one-size-fits-all solution. Many organizations cannot address all controls based on limited resources. As a result, CIS has organized the controls into three Implementation Groups. The groups are self-assessed categories for organizations based on relevant cybersecurity attributes. Each group identifies a subset of the CIS Controls that the community has broadly assessed to be reasonable for an organization with a similar risk profile and resources to strive to implement. We determine which Implementation Group your organization fits into and then perform that level of assessment that provides the most value to you.