Microsoft’s New Commerce Experience (NCE) streamlines the process of transacting cloud services for both partners and customers in a consistent and standardized manner.
It incorporates new license models and subscription alternatives to minimize complexity and improve purchasing flexibility. For Microsoft 365, Dynamics 365, and Power Platform, partners will have access to a unified and streamlined purchasing experience
Pricing and incentives
Essentially, Microsoft’s “New Commerce Experience” (NCE) is a simplified buying experience; a reduction in the overall number of buying programs Microsoft has traditionally offered. However, due to the incentives Microsoft has put in place, this means that you may be able to reduce your current subscription costs if you act quickly.
Microsoft is currently offering a 5% discount if you sign an annual NCE contract for existing or new licensing. This offer will expire March 31st 2022 unless extended by Microsoft.
Outside of NCE, Microsoft is raising the prices (shown in US$ below) on the following products on March 15th. Prices were set to increase March 1 but Microsoft extended the deadline by 2 weeks.
• Microsoft 365 Business Basic ($5 to $6)
• Microsoft 365 Business Premium ($20 to $22)
• Office 365 E1 ($8 to $10)
• Office 365 E3 ($20 to $23)
• Office 365 E5 ($35 to $38)
• Microsoft 365 E3 ($32 to $36)
So, if you act quickly, you can lock in your subscriptions before they increase and obtain an additional 5% off your current subscriptions!
Key NCE Points
- Current discounts on annual agreements
- Multiyear agreement options coming
- Monthly subscriptions to increase in price
- New cancellation policy with prorated refund for first 72 hours of term
- Policy changes for adding or subtracting users