We are happy and proud to have staff that participates and donates blood every quarter! You have the power to give life.
- Only 6% of all Canadians share A- blood type.
- A+, as well as AB+, can receive your red blood cells. The most powerful of A+ blood can be found in the platelets.
- O+ blood is always in very high demand
- O- blood is always in very high demand. Only 7% of the population in Canada has the same blood type but 100% of the population can use it.
- Only 7.6% of all Canadians share B+ blood type
- B- blood is one of the most rarest blood types in Canada. It holds tremendous power – Only 1.4% of all Canadians share your blood type.
- 2.5% of all Canadians share AB+ blood type. Here’s something interesting, AB+ patients: You can receive red blood cells from donors with any blood type.
- 0.5% of all Canadians share AB- blood type. *Here’s an interesting fact: you can receive red blood cells from donors with any other Rh negative blood type.
Souce: The National inventory, blood.ca.
For more information or to donate visit: blood.ca
Contact us to find out more about the initiatives we support!